Energy & Construction Services
For more than 100 years, this Midwest energy company has been delivering construction solutions across the United States and Canada. The company has thrived by leveraging the strength of its people, culture, and relationship-based business philosophy. The company consistently meets and beats aggressive project schedules through its proven project management skills. This includes aligning field forces, implementing systematic processes, and tracking project metrics daily to ensure consistent and quality results across all the markets the entity serves.
As frequently happens, while this company’s controls on external projects were exceptional, management of its internal travel spend was definitively not under control.
The company had previously been managed by another travel agency whose primary revenue stream derived from leisure travel. Accordingly, its “handle” on the client’s extensive corporate travel requirements was unsteady, at best.
In order to properly implement a mandated travel management program, Direct Travel utilized a very effective Three Phase Approach to travel management. The goal was to create a seamless Hybrid Solution of full-service, online and mobile travel management to best meet the company’s growing travel needs, and to later carefully analyze consolidated travel booking data to provide a quarterly analysis and manage and streamline additional cost saving opportunities throughout the fiscal year.
Benefits of the new travel program included:
- Usage of the online booking tool increased to 95% resulting in a 50% reduction in service fees.
- Airline small business program savings averaged $10K a year in savings and point redemption.
- Preferred carrier contract now yields over $25K in annual savings.
- Car consolidation resulted in complimentary membership to counter by-pass program, best rate included in contract to match potential lower market rates and contract rates to protect against high demand market rates…average daily car rate lowered by over $2.00 per day.
- Airport parking program savings are over $10K over posted rates, or $30K in savings if all parking charge days were at the airport.
- All preferred hotel rates are loaded in the GDS and online booking tool to ensure all travelers are booking at maximum savings.